My Top 5: iPhone apps that I can't live without

I admit that I was one of those people who waited in line for hours on the launch day for the original iPhone. I think it goes without saying that I did the same for the iPhone 3G. However, I did resist jumping out to get the 3GS (mainly because I think the name is stupid and un-Apple-like). With that said, the iPhone has become a major tool that I use every day. Here's a list of the Top 5 apps that I can't live without:

1. Shazam: Shazam is a great app that identifies music just by listening to if for about 10 seconds. This happens to me all the time: I'm in the car with the radio on and I hear a song that really catches my ear (even though I usually only listen to talk radio). I want to know the song and remember to check it out later, so I bust out my iPhone and Shazam gets to work. It listens to the song and after about 10 seconds, it buzzes and I get my results. Not only do I get the name of the song, I get the artist, album, album art, iTunes link, youtube music videos, etc. It's great. It saves everything so I can refer to it later when I get home. I've even got it to pick up a song playing softly at the mall!

2. BofA: This is the official Bank of America app and it's everything you need for mobile banking. Just open the app, log in and you have access to all of your bank accounts. You can transfer funds between those accounts or pay bills. The interface is great and super easy to use.

3. SnapTell: This goes in the same category as Shazam under "information grabber". I'm a big reader and love hanging out at Borders. If I see a book I want more info on, I just take a picture of it with SnapTell and it will immediately recognize the cover and display a ton of information about it. It will show me a summary, author info, reader reviews, pricing from a ton of different book sellers, etc. I can favorite the books I like, but can't buy right that minute. It does the same for movies and CDs. Just take a picture of the cover and bam! You get all the info you could ever want on it.

4. Scrabble: I have to throw a game in here. Scrabble is the official game from Hasbro, made by EA. It's exactly what you think it is, mobile Scrabble. But here's the coolest part! I'm always playing Scrabble on Facebook with a group of friends. The iPhone Scrabble is able to link to your Facebook account and play those games! It's a lot of fun because you can play Scrabble with your friends any time you want.

5. Tweetie: There's a few people I follow on Twitter and I have occasions when I enjoy sharing a funny thought. I think it's obvious that I love simple interfaces, therefore I love Tweetie. There's not much more to say about it. It's just a Twitter app that does what I need it to do. :)



Okay, for those of you who care, those are my top 5 iPhone apps that I can't live without. There are so many apps out there! I know there are probably better ones than what I've listed and a ton I've never even heard of. Let me know what yours are!

0 comments:

Post a Comment