Hidden Vegetables

Before I walked the plank and got married, I was able to eat whatever I wanted! I lived with a few buddies of mine and we had pizza pretty much everyday. In the morning, we had pizza leftovers. For lunch, we'd eat what was left from breakfast. For dinner, we'd order a pizza. (I have no idea how I got by without a heart attack).

So, I met this babe and we got married. Going into the marriage, I knew she was a health nut (not insane, but very very healthy). Suddenly I stopped frequenting Wienerschnitzel and I'm pretty sure the people at Taco Bell thought I was dead. Nope, I was very much alive and eating organic foods.

This may sound like I don't like eating healthy. Quite the opposite! Hollie, my health conscious wife, cooks these amazing meals almost every day! I feel great and have way more energy (still no athletic skills though).

I didn't eat out because I hated healthy food. I ate out because I didn't want to cook and it was easy. I took 10 minutes to run out and grab a burger and only 3 minutes to heat up a hot pocket. I actually really like broccoli and carrots. McDonalds just doesn't have them on the menu.

Hollie knows I like vegetables. I've made that very clear to her. In fact, I enjoy eating a bowl filled with broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower.

Here's the funny part: Hollie got a book written by Jessica Seinfeld (Jerry's wife) called, Deceptively Delicious. It's a cook book that shows you how to hide vegetables in your meals. So, after we're done eating dinner, Hollie will say something like, "So, did you like the pasta?" And I'll say, "Yeah, it was really good."

She giggles a little and says with really wide eyes, "Did you know there was broccoli and carrots mixed in, but you couldn't taste it?!?!"

Then my response is usually, "No, but I would have much rather had a bowl of broccoli and carrots just by themselves."


She continues to make dinner with hidden foods that I would rather enjoy unhidden.


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment